শুক্রবার, ৪ মে, ২০১২

Muamba makes emotional return to Bolton

Associated Press Sports

updated 4:10 p.m. ET May 2, 2012

BOLTON, England (AP) -Fabrice Muamba made an emotional return to Bolton on Wednesday, waving tearfully to supporters from the field less than seven weeks after his on-field cardiac arrest.

The midfielder was introduced to a standing ovation ahead of Bolton's Premier League match against Tottenham, the team he was playing against in the FA Cup when he collapsed on March 17.

Looking healthy and mobile, Muamba wiped tears from his eyes as he acknowledged the crowd at the Reebok Stadium.

"I wish I was playing today," Muamba said.

After greeting the crowd, Muamba made his way to the stands to support his team.

Muamba's heart stopped for 78 minutes on March 17 but the intervention of a cardiologist, who left his seat among Tottenham supporters to treat him, helped saved his life.

He recovered surprisingly strongly and was discharged from a London hospital on April 16.

"This is a special place: the support has been overwhelming and I am just grateful for that," Muamba said. "I am OK. I am getting stronger every day. I am happy to be back I am just happy to be able to speak to people again and walk freely.

"I am very happy and very excited for today's game and I am happy that I came today."

Football clubs around the world made gestures of support for Muamba and the former England under-21 international said he had been touched by messages from fans.

"It helps me every single day. I still have six or seven boxes of cards to go through and I am grateful for that. It stays in my mind every single day," Muamba told Sky Sports News. "Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thank your for your support, the whole country has been overwhelming and I am grateful I can walk again and do things normally again."

? 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.


advertisement

More newsAFP - Getty Images
Messi scores record 68th goal

PST: Lionel Messi scored three goals today against M?laga, pushing his single-season, all-competition goal total to 68?? a new European record.

Roundup: Madrid wins 32nd league title

MADRID (AP) - Real Madrid clinched its 32nd Spanish league title and first in four years with a 3-0 win at Athletic Bilbao on Wednesday night, when Barcelona's Lionel Messi broke the European club scoring record with a hat trick that raised his season total to 68 goals.

High Performance Server UK SMS Gateway choosing the right lotto Rug Cleaning Oxnard

কোন মন্তব্য নেই:

একটি মন্তব্য পোস্ট করুন